Friday, December 1, 2017
O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains of interest, if you should be believers. And if you do not, then be informed of a declaration of war against you from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal - thus you do no wrong, nor are you wronged (2:278-279)
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
2. Love reading and teaching.
3. Have a deep connection with the Quran. Know know how to read it, know the word to word translation, tafsir and the holistic concepts which it propagates. Memorize as much as possible.
4. Love to study the Seerah to glean pearls of wisdom to implement in our lives.
5. Do not watch TV, movies and soap operas.
6. Do not listen to music.
7. Are slaves of Allah - not wealth. Abdullah Vs Abdul Maal.
8. Do not deal with riba either in the bank transactions or how they finance purchases like houses, cars and university education.
9. Are not educated in the public school system.
10. Are not closed minded.
11. Are confident but not arrogant of their Muslim identity.
12. Value genuine relationships and keep in touch with people.
13. Have an abundant mentality - not a scarcity mentality.
14. Socialize by doing projects that benefit the Muslim community, rather than just socialize for the sake of socializing in dinner parties, etc.
15. Have high goals - for the dunya and aakhirah.
16. Have learnt Classical Arabic
17. Know how to deal with people of different backgrounds,
18. Understand Islam holistically, are committed to it genuinely and not for the sake of social conformity.
19. Know how to apply Islam is new situations or have a network of good scholars accessible who can suggest solutions. Are not shy of asking difficult questions.
20. Do not hesitate to do the right thing.
Thursday, May 12, 2016
Friday, February 5, 2016
Friday, January 15, 2016
Sunday, January 10, 2016
One of the scholars once advised: “if you see someone carrying many glasses in a tray in an unbalanced fashion, do not even say that the glasses will fall. Indeed if you do so they will certainly fall.”
Try to reflect and write down only 3 things in your diary that you should give thanks about for that day on a daily basis. If you do this exercise persistently, your outlook, health, the quality of your life and the events that will proceed from it will all improve. Countless scientific experiments in the field of Positive Psychology have shown this to be true. See http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/in-praise-of-gratitude